Monday, November 30, 2009

Smell the Roses

Jeffery is taking the rest of our furniture up to Willits today. It's his only day off after a work week with half a dozen hours of overtime. I watched Dan in Real Life tonight. Good movie. I am so glad that I have found the man I love and after all of this I'll get to be with him for the rest of my life. Getting through the next 12 days with three assignment due and an exam is going to be a challenge for me, but I'm going to do it well, and after that I'll have a month to travel and see this amazing country. I am learning a lot, I already have, and I know I have more to learn. It is exciting to be where I am. All I do is look forward to the future. But I should really try to appreciate the present as well. Smell the roses and all that (there are no flowers blooming here. They won't bloom until Jeffery come in spring--how appropriate).

I appreciate having a warm room and bed, and flatmates that are easy and fun to talk to. I always look forward to going down to the kitchen, because interesting conversations always await.
I appreciate the girls on my team, and how hard they all work to be good footballers.
I appreciate the lengths my professors go to to teach, even if it sometimes puts me to sleep.
I appreciate the welcomed distractions of Jane Austen novels and films, and I look forward to the class I'm going to take next semester.
I appreciate the support of my family and friends.
I appreciate having free health care for the first time in my life.
I appreciate the opportunity to wear boots, hats, gloves, scarves, sweaters, and layers of socks.
I appreciate the opportunity to talk to people and establish friendships across the world.
I appreciate that San Francisco and all my friends will be there when I get back.
I appreciate the uncharted cities that await my arrival.
I appreciate the invitations to Christmas and the homes that will be opened to me for the holiday season.


No comments:

Post a Comment