Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Some Pretty Things


The other day I was in a charity shop and I found a copy of Beatrix Potter's Book of ABC's. There was an inscription penciled inside the cover: "To our darling Oliver on his first Christmas, all our love, Mummy and Daddy." I flipped through it, and when I got to "L is for Ladybird" I got all verklempt and had to buy it. It is those little nuances that I am going to miss and appreciate the most once I leave.




The evenings here are endlessly long, which is great because evening is my favorite part of day. And the sun takes hours to set. This is the castle looking like a cake.


This is the cake I want for my wedding.


This tree peony is 25 years old. I know because the French woman who lives here and was pruning her roses when we walked by told us.


Jeffery and I live a 5 minute walk from this little park.


Blue sky and puffy clouds.


Poppies.

3 comments:

  1. Such wonderful snippet shots...and also, I love that you just said "verklempt." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is one classy looking cake, I want a bite of it. Also I have millions of ladybugs at my work, they are really nice crawling around the million little flowers. Can we have cake when you get back?

    -EEEEEEEEEEED

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh mah gahhh Roseann I didn't know you had a blog! I'm now following it and can you please do me a favor and make a blog about planning your wedding k thanx!!! I hope I see you when you come back and such or maybe you're already back. see you soon!

    ReplyDelete