Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Northumberland

After driving five hours from Norwich to Northumberland, Nick and I arrived at his home to a warm fire, hot meal, and Christmas tree prepped for decorating.


The entire house welcomed us with delicious smells. The kitchen smelled like meat stewing in red wine and rosemary and the front room smelled like a Christmas tree. After dinner, Nick and I got to decorating.


The next morning, Nick and I decided to do some baking. We made banana nut bread, and apple crisp with apples from the garden. Before that we had to go get eggs from the neighborhood egg lady.


View from my window of Nick's family's garden. Notice the sheep lined up on yonder hill.


This is the Felton Christmas tree. Nick lives in a small village with a pub, a paper shop, and a post office/general store.


Nick's dad told me that last winter the river reached the top of the arches.

No comments:

Post a Comment