Sunday, January 31, 2010

Suffolk Near the Sea

My new housemate Katherine invited me to accompany her home to Sweffling, Suffolk for the weekend, where among other things I was introduced to creamy fish pie, cocker spaniels, and the comedic genius that is Michael McIntyre.


This is the neighboring market town of Framlingham.


Katherine heard that Americans like castles because we don't have them (true), so she took me to Framlingham Castle, which was built in the 11th century.


This is the preparatory college across the mere from the castle.


Framlingham graveyard


We took the dogs on a walk in the marshland, near the river Alde. The above photograph was taken earlier in the day and from the opposite direction as the following photograph.


Long shadow in Snape, Suffolk


Concert hall in Snape that houses the annual Aldeburgh festival.


The River Alde.


We drove to the sea side to watch the sunset, which have been remarkable in England these past few weeks.


We were just outside Aldeburough on a peninsula in between the River Alde and the North sea, so the sun set over the river. You can see how the river nearly spills into the sea in Aldeburough, and then cuts back down the coast for miles.




Frozen boat on the River Alde

4 comments:

  1. aaa çok doğalll :) = wowww it's really natural...

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn, your friend is right i think. I'm personally such a sucker for castles. The only castle I've been to recently that I can think of is Edinburgh castle pub. haha. But i don't reckon that counts. I like this post and the pictures are amazing, but personally I would like to see more pictures of tasty mouthtreats.

    ReplyDelete